Where teachers get paid the most?
In 2021, the average K-12 public school teacher nationwide was paid $65,090. Average teacher pay was the highest in New York at $87,738, followed by Massachusetts and California. In three states — Mississippi, Florida, and South Dakota — teachers made less than $50,000 on average.
- School Superintendents — $127,310 per Year. ...
- Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals — $98,420 per Year. ...
- Postsecondary Education Administrators — $96,910 per Year. ...
- Postsecondary Teachers — $79,640 per Year. ...
- Instructional Coordinators — $63,740 per Year. ...
- School and Career Counselors and Advisors — $60,510 per Year.
Grand Prairie ISD pays the highest salaries to new teachers in North Texas for the 2022-23 school year, according to a new study. GPISD pays $61,000 for first-year teachers, one of a dozen districts in the region to pay more than $60,000.
Teacher Pay by State 2022.
The states where its best to be a teacher:
- New York.
- New Jersey.
- Educational Therapist. Salary range: $46,000-$148,500 per year. ...
- School Physical Therapist. Salary range: $73,000-$117,500 per year. ...
- School Speech Therapist. ...
- School Psychologist. ...
- School Superintendent. ...
- School Speech Language Pathologist. ...
- Director of Instruction. ...
- Curriculum Development Manager.
- Mansfield ISD.
- Crowley ISD.
- Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD.
- Lackland ISD.
- Deer Park ISD.
- Grady ISD.
- Draw Academy.
- Academy for Academic Excellence.
The highest paying job in Texas — cardiologist — earns a cool $361,990 a year on average. In fact, the top five highest-paying jobs in Texas are all doctors of some kind.
- English as a Second Language (ESL). ESL educators are some of the most in demand teachers. ...
- Math Teaching. Another teacher subject in demand is mathematics. ...
- Science Teaching. What about science teachers? ...
- Social Studies Teaching. ...
- Special Education Teaching.
What's the highest a teacher can make?
- Washington, D.C.: $81,030.
- New York: $76,390.
- Massachusetts: $75,040.
- Maryland: $72,040.
- Rhode Island: $70,280.
- California: $70,170.
- Connecticut: $69,240.
- Nevada: $68,160.
Pennsylvania and California are at the top of the list for teacher pay. In Pennsylvania, teachers can expect to earn 28.5% more than the average salary. In California, teachers earn 25.4% more than average.
- Virginia. Score: 56.13.
- Florida. Score: 55.92.
- Washington. Score: 55.71.
- New Jersey. Score: 54.07.
- Pennsylvania. Score: 53.80.
- Massachusetts. Score: 53.21.
- Maryland. Score: 52.43.
Mississippi saw the highest teacher-to-student vacancy rate in the 2021-22 school year. The state reported having nearly 69 missing teachers per 10,000 students.
- The largest teachers' union in the U.S. is The California Teachers Association, with a revenue of $207.4 million and 325,000 total members.
- There are 3.2 million full-time teachers and 130,930 K-12 schools across the U.S.
- At least 70% of U.S. teachers belong to a teachers' union.
- Administration – Principal, Vice-Principal, Superintendent. ...
- Standardized Test Developer. ...
- Educational Consultant. ...
- Homeschool Consultant. ...
- After School Program Director. ...
- Curriculum Design. ...
- Instructional Designer. ...
- School/Child Psychologist.
- Electrical Engineering. ...
- Aeronautics. ...
- MRI Technology. ...
- Radiology Technology. ...
- Respiratory Therapy. ...
- Occupational Therapy. ...
- Mechanical Engineering. ...
- Network Engineering. Network engineers design, administer, and maintain local and wide area network systems.
- Patrol Officer.
- Executive Assistant.
- Sales Representative.
- Flight Attendant.
- Wind Turbine Technician.
|Years of Experience Credited||Monthly Salary||Annual Salary (10 month contract)|
How much does a Public School Teacher make in Texas? The average Public School Teacher salary in Texas is $54,740 as of November 23, 2022, but the range typically falls between $45,720 and $66,748.
Where is the best place to teach?
New York is the best place in America to be a teacher, according to a new report published Monday. The report from the personal finance website WalletHub compared all 50 states and Washington, D.C., along 24 metrics around opportunity, competition and academic and work environment.
The highest-paying Texas jobs include careers in finance, nursing, and management. All of these fields require a college degree for top-paying roles. However, many different majors can prepare Texans for in-demand careers.
Ramsey Solutions recently conducted the largest survey of millionaires top five careers for millionaires are:
- Executive management.
Percentage of workers earning less than $15/hour
Why it matters: A huge swath of the population is living on less than the "living wage." The living wage for an adult with no children is $15.24 in Texas, as calculated by a Massachusetts Institute of Technology tool.
|1 ADULT||2 ADULTS (1 WORKING)|
|0 Children||2 Children|
|1||Customer Service Representative||11,014|
- Cashier. National average salary: $12.98 per hour. ...
- Actor. National average salary: $14.97 per hour. ...
- Sales associate. National average salary: $13.55 per hour. ...
- Server. National average salary: $15.21 per hour. ...
- Caddy. ...
- Lifeguard. ...
- Retail merchandiser. ...
- Landscape laborer.
The states and districts that pay High School Teachers the highest mean salary are New York ($88,890), California ($86,900), Massachusetts ($84,130), New Jersey ($78,900), and Connecticut ($78,510).
What Is the Highest Paying Job in the World? The highest-paying job in the world, in a traditional sense, holds the number-one spot in this article: cardiologist. They are also one of only three jobs listed above $300,000 a year.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- General Surgeon.
- Senior Software Engineer.
- Investment Banker.
- Data Scientist.
- IT Systems Manager.
What is the highest paid starting job?
- Software engineer.
- Data scientist.
- Physician assistant.
- Computer scientist.
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
As one of the highest paying jobs in early childhood education, special education teachers who work in the field of early childhood education have the potential to make nearly six figures per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Best-Paying States for Elementary School Teachers
The states and districts that pay Elementary School Teachers the highest mean salary are California ($85,110), Massachusetts ($84,810), New York ($84,380), Connecticut ($79,610), and District of Columbia ($78,840).